ACTIVATE FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES
Project Area: Human Resources and Social Development
The municipality / district :Kuršumlija / Toplica
Project value: EUR 98,862.16
Budget line: IPA 2014.
Date of completion: 2020.
Contracting Authority: Ministry of Finance – Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Funded Programmes (CFCU)
The “Activate for more opportunities” project supports the active inclusion of people with disabilities into the labour market by improving their skills, concrete work practices and awareness. Project undergoes the activities for the improvement of social inclusion and employment of people with disabilities through effective inter-sectoral coordination and partnership, developing entrepreneurial skills and knowledge, self-employment and creation of new jobs for people with disabilities.
Association of Persons with Disabilities and the municipality of Kuršumlija are implementing the project.
The main institutional beneficiaries of the support include the Ministry of Labour, Employment, Veteran and Social Affairs, Ministry of Youth and Sports, the Ministry of Finance – Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Funded Programmes (CFCU), as well as grant beneficiaries awarded under the Grant Scheme.
End beneficiaries of the project are the citizens of Serbia – youth and vulnerable and/or disadvantaged groups, as well as the end beneficiaries of the actions supported through the Grant Scheme.
Technical assistance is provided by a consortium of Eptisa Southeast Europe d.o.o. (SR) and EPTISA
Servicios de Ingenieria S.L. (ES), and it includes support in the Grant Scheme implementation, as well as a number of activities related to active youth inclusion.
The overall objective of the project is to make Kuršumlija municipality a favourable environment for strengthening and fostering of economic development through increased employment and the implementation of the reform program of employment and social policy.
Objectives of the project:
- Increasing the employment of people with disabilities by improving their activities and work practices;
- Gaining work experience and entrepreneurial practice for people with disabilities;
- Increased activation of people with disabilities, the development of the initiative for persons with disabilities, as well as the mechanisms and models of the active switching frequency;
- Raised soft skills and computer literacy of PwD (People with Disabilities);
- Provision of concrete working practice;
- Awareness raising;
- Raised employment of unemployed PwD;
- Having the sustainability of the PwD social inclusion;
- Raised capacity of the local government and other stakeholders to provide continuous support to unemployed PwD in Kuršumlija;
The positive long-term impact will be achieved through:
- Improving the social inclusion of persons with disabilities;
- Increasing employment, activities, work experience and entrepreneurial practices among people with disabilities;
- Improving the living standards of young people through the implementation of initiatives for active youth inclusion;
- Mutual learning, promotion and exchange of best practices, innovative practices and measures developed at local level;
- Enhanced awareness and a sense of ownership of the relevant institutional and other actors, as well as the capacity to further support the development of opportunities for youth employment and social inclusion measures;
Project ”Activate for more opportunities! ”
Association of Persons with Disabilities Kuršumlija, Koste Vojinovića 6, 18430 Kuršumlija
Project funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Government of the Republic of Serbia, and implemented by the Organization of People with Disabilities of Kuršumlija and Municipality of Kuršumlija